Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Banquette love

I do love me a good old school kitchen banquette. I get practically giddy whenever we are in a house, looking for your next old house to rock, and there is a banquette. I tend to do a little mini happy dance and smile REALLY big while my husband rolls his eyes and says that we are not buying this house just because it has a kitchen banquette, it does also need requirements a,b,c,d,e,f,etc..... I am keeping a banquette in mind during our search for sure, but honestly they are harder to come by these days. I think most of the old house kitchen renovations have demolished them long ago without a second thought as to how practical and charming they really are. That is also reason number 127 why I love it when we are house hunting and run across one that has hardly been touched since it was built in the 30s!!











0 comments:

Post a Comment